Location Condition Type
The history of Rouen railway station begins in 1841 with the building of a railway between Paris and Rouen. The construction of the first station saw a landing stage brought into service in the Saint-Sever neighbourhood (left bank). The first train arrived at Saint-Sever station on 3rd May 1843. In 1912 when the traffic became too heavy on the Paris-Rouen line, it was decided to rebuild the western station on the right bank of the Seine. Conducted by the architect Adolphe Dervaux, the works went on from 1912 until 1924. The new Art Nouveau station was inaugurated on 4th July 1928 by the President of the Republic Gaston Doumergue. First called Gare de lOuest or Gare Rue Verte, it is now called gare de Rouen Rive-Droite.In 1994, the station is connected to the Rouen underground.