Location pre-spotted by Film France network
61810
updated: 02/08/2011
The Pavilion du Butard - Undergrounds
78170 La Celle St Cloud
France
Contact the commission

Film Paris Region, Ile-de-France Film Commission

|

61810
The Pavilion du Butard - Undergrounds
78170 La Celle St Cloud
France
Contact the commission

Film Paris Region, Ile-de-France Film Commission

|

Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Location type
Environment
Forest
General presentation
Location Condition Type
Well maintained
Location History
The Pavilion du Butard is a hunting lodge in the Forêt de Fausses-Reposes in the territory of La Celle-Saint-Cloud in Yvelines, France. Part of the gardens of Versailles, it was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel for Louis XV and built between 1750 and 1754. It was made state property on 27 June 1794 by François-Nicolas Périgon, notary at Paris, during the French Revolution. On 23 April 1802 it became the property of empress Joséphine de Beauharnais, who wished to merge it with her Malmaison estate, but it returned to being state property on her divorce from Napoleon in 1809. It was later also enjoyed by Charles X of France and emperor Napoleon III of France. It was occupied by the Prussians during the Franco-Prussian War. Still state property, it was made a monument historique on 29 August 1927.
Construction period
XVIIIth Century