Location pre-spotted by Film France network
61704
updated: 02/28/2024
City of Vincennes - City hall - Global information
94304 Vincennes Cedex
France
Contact the commission

Film Paris Region, Ile-de-France Film Commission

|

61704
City of Vincennes - City hall - Global information
94304 Vincennes Cedex
France
Contact the commission

Film Paris Region, Ile-de-France Film Commission

|

Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Credits: Commission du Film IDF
Caption:
Location type
Environment
Roadside,
City
General presentation
Location Condition Type
Well maintained
Location History
Built between 1887 and 1891, the City hall of Vincennes, in its first version, is the work of the architect Eugène Calinaud. The large mullioned windows, the stained glass windows, the high roof topped by a campanile and the harmony of the proportions give it a neo-Renaissance style. Several materials were used for its construction (Euville rock, Saint-Maximin half-rock, Chauvigny stone...). The doubling of the population of Vincennes in forty years quickly made it necessary to enlarge the town hall, which had become cramped. In 1931, the expansion project by municipal architects Henri Quarez and Gustave Lapostolle was approved by the city council. The extension of the town hall was inaugurated on March 25, 1935 by the president of the council Pierre-Etienne Flandin. The neo-Renaissance aesthetics of the complex is admirably preserved.
Construction period
1931-1940,
XIXth Century