Location pre-spotted by Film France network
61988
updated: 03/21/2019
City of Nogent-sur-Marne - Baltard Pavillon
94130 Nogent Sur Marne
France
Contact the commission

Ile-de-France Film Commission

| +33 (0)1 75 62 58 07

61988
City of Nogent-sur-Marne - Baltard Pavillon
94130 Nogent Sur Marne
France
Contact the commission

Ile-de-France Film Commission

| +33 (0)1 75 62 58 07

Credits: Commission du film d'Île-de-France
Caption: City of Nogent-sur-Marne - Baltard Pavillon
Credits: Commission du film d'Île-de-France
Caption: City of Nogent-sur-Marne - Baltard Pavillon
Credits:
Caption:
Credits:
Caption:
Credits: Commission du film d'Île-de-France
Caption: City of Nogent-sur-Marne - Baltard Pavillon
Location type
Categories
Cultural buidling
Arts center
Cultural edifice
Cultural establishment
Covered market
Exhibition park
Ballroom
Lecture room
Reception hall
Performance hall
Village hall
Environment
Park or garden,
City
General presentation
Location Condition Type
Well maintained
Location History
The Baltard Pavilion is one of the 12 glass and cast iron pavilions which constituted the former Paris's central fresh food market, built in 1852 during the reign of Napoleon III. The other ones were destroyed in 1971 after the market was moved to Rungis.
It is a precious testament of the cast iron architecture. The government saves the pavilion n°8 on associations demands. It was dedicated to vegetables. The Pavilion was dismantled and re-erected in the City of Nogent sur Marne in 1976 to become a concert hall. The official inauguration was in December 1977. The town bought at the same time an organ from Gaumont Cinema, a piece of staircase form the Eiffel tower, an urinal and the Guimard’s entrance of metro station Georges V. The pavilion is classified as a Historical Monument since 1982.
Construction period
XIXth Century
Dominant style
Second Empire
Remarkable architectural elements
Column

Related locations