Location Condition Type
Built on a set of three rocks west of the gap of Waldeck in the late thirteenth century, the Duke of Lorraine Ferry III, the castle to defend the eastern steps of his domain. Overlooking the gap Waldeck east, the castle occupies a rocky sandstone that emerges from the forest. He understood, until the nineteenth century, two tall square towers. That the north was destroyed by lightning in the nineteenth century, the south, was restored in 1900 by the Club Vosges, is built in sandstone unit regular bosses and kept its aliasing. The castle is a historical monument since February 16, 1930.
Gothic - Middle Ages